Wednesday 23 April 2014

Review: Barry M Gelly

Anyone who reads my blog regularly will know that back in February I invested in my very first gel-style nail varnishes from Models Own's new Hyper-Gel collection.

Now, I must admit that at the time I loved my new polishes with all my heart, however, over the past few months I began to slightly tire of the long drying times and sensitive smudge factor of these polishes.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the Models Own Hyper-gels but I decided to try a couple of Barry M's Gelly polishes to see if they gave me a better and slightly quicker result.


After some careful consideration and a lot of umming and arring, I finally decided on a pretty pink known as Dragon Fruit - a perfect spring/summer colour.

After carefully applying my base coat, (I use Barry M's all-in-one base coat, top coat and nail hardener, available here) I then applied two layers of Dragon Fruit (available to buy here) and once completely dry, I then topped with Barry M's all-in-one top coat.

Although the drying process did take a little longer than I had hoped, it was significantly quicker than the Model's Own hyper-gel polishes, which was of course a major bonus of this product. The other thing I just love about the overall finish of the gelly, was the super smooth and shiny finish of the polish, giving my nails a professional gel look.


No comments:

Post a Comment