Tuesday 12 May 2015

What's inside my handbag?

Recently, I've seen a lot of bloggers posting about the everyday necessities that reside within their handbags - the things they truly cannot live without. So I thought I would give it a go...

I personally can't live without....

1. My diary slash organizer - without it I would be seriously lost. Unlike a lot of my generation, I lack the ability to double up my phone as an organiser. I need to see each day and date set out on a page in front of me to have any hope of being in the right place at the right time, and even then it's a struggle. Relying on good old fashioned pen and paper may sound slightly outdated but trust me, in my world it is a complete necessity.

Plus I just love the pretty designs! 


2. Lip balm - because there really is nothing worse than the look or feel of dry, chapped lips. Plus you never know, today might just be the day you end up in lip-locked passion with that barman you've been hooked on for like ever... I'll admit it''s unlikely, but a girl can dream can't she?

Love this! It's hand made and comes from my home town...

3. Note pad and pen. You never know when you may need to jot something down - be it a business contact or the number of the local answer to Ryan Gosling, a note pad and pen really are as essential as wearing matching underwear on a first date.
4. A can of Dove. This cucumber and green tea scented deodorant spray is nothing less than a handbag essential (for obvious reasons).
5. A bottle of non-chip nail varnish. I don't know what it is about carrying around a bottle of the shiny stuff but knowing I have the ability to top up my nails wherever and whenever I want gives me a strange sense of comfort. I'll admit I do suffer from a slight case of chip-a-phobia, who knows, maybe it's something to do with that...



6. Hairbrush. My hair has to be the most frustrating hair on the planet, it has the most annoying and unnatural tendency to tangle... as in, within five minutes of being brushed. It really isn't normal. Hence a hairbrush is more than necessary, unless of course I fancy the birds nest look... I think it may be time to invest in a tangle teaser!
7. My iphone. If I'm being honest, I've always been a bit of a technophobe, even the most simplistic of technology ends up confusing me (I think I inherited my lack of love for technology from my mother, who at age 45 is still unable to use the internet or a computer). But there's something different about the iphone, the minute I laid eyes on it I just knew we were going to get along, and for once I was actually right. It's simple and easy to use, in fact I fell so deeply in love with it that I persuaded (aka bullied) my mother into getting one of her own.

It really is stunning....

8. My make-up bag. I'm one of these people who more often than not, ends up being late, so carrying around my make-up makes life a hell-of-a-lot easier. Many girls my age would squeal with horror at what I'm about to say...but I tend to leave the house bare faced, completely free of make-up pretty much everyday and it's only if I get a spare minute that I'll slap a little colour onto my face.



9. My purse - kind of obvious but totally necessary. I mean without my Starbucks loyalty card, oh and of course my debit card, where would I be? ... Gingerbread-latte-less.



No comments:

Post a Comment